CptGuapo

MAME 0.178 doesn't work

Hello to all.

After a long time with no MAME using, I got 0.178 and all the ROMS and CHDs and very happy for MEWUI have been merged with the project.

Anyway, with all settings ready, when I start the executable I get only a black screen showing "Initializing" and games don't load... I was considering the size of the pack and waited for HOURS (when I went to bed I left it running hoping by the morning it'd be at that list on the screen at least), but nothing happened... the "initializing" was still there and I couldn't close the window at all, even through Task Manager, so I have to reboot my system... Did that several times and the problem persists...

I'm running it from a external drive but was sure that all the paths were OK, I rechecked them and they look fine to me. Doing some research I thought it was something related to DirectX but my version is up to date.

Any ideas?
"Mythology is what grown ups believe, folklore is what they tell children and religion is both."
B2K24

Re: MAME 0.178 doesn't work

I've had this happen with external drives as well, so I bought some 4 TB Internal HDDs and then those problems vanished. I'd definitely look into getting your MAME running on internal drives if possible.
CptGuapo

Unfortunately this is not possible for now... and I remember to running it flawlessly in the recent past from external ones... What changed? Would there be some settings to get this properly?
"Mythology is what grown ups believe, folklore is what they tell children and religion is both."
CptGuapo

I did it! Thanks to Anime-niac, a user from MAMEWorld Forums, I could run MAME finally.

The problem was that I didn't have DirectX 9.0 installed. I thought the version 12.0 already installed in my PC was enough to make it run, but unfortunately I was wrong. However, I got only the web installer version to be properly installed. The other one, a runtime EXE, displayed it wasn't compatible with Win10...

Anyway, everything is OK now.
Last edited by CptGuapo on Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
B2K24

Glad you got it sorted. I had forgotten about it possibly being a DX9 issue.

Return to “MAME Discussion”