twopups2

Help w/ 'Emulator PC'...

Hello All,

Long time MAME-er, and as a late-40 something who grew up in the arcades of Southern California in the late-70s / early-80s, really appreciate all of the effort / development that goes into these platforms. I'm hoping some IT experts can help me design / build a PC for our family.

I'd like to build a basic Windows box that will sit in the TV-entertainment center that will run MAME and a few other emulators (am I allowed to mention things like Nintendo NES, Atari 2600, etc.?) I'd like this PC box to have USB ports for the controllers and a wireless keyboard / mouse. I'd like to use an HDMI connection to the TV (acting as monitor.)

Super-basic, right?? I prefer Windows because I've never used any other OS (besides Apple II DOS, hah!)

I'd like the 'box' to be compact, but not sure where to start building something like this.

Any help / tips very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike
B2K24

Re: Help w/ 'Emulator PC'...

MAME itself has support for Nintendo NES and Atari 2600 so you can definitely mention those here. They can work with MAME via softlist loading rather easily. See a2600.xml and nes.xml located in the hash folder for more information.

The most compact option would be a mini PC but it can also be the most expensive if buying an entire setup with everything included like a Zotac Gaming Mini PC.

I guess it all boils down to what your budget is to throw at this project.

Return to “MAME Discussion”