Sandman71

MAME, MESS and Maximus

Apologies in advance if this has been addressed, could not find the answer across a few forums.

Using Maximus front end and have MAME .183 up and running correctly after much trial and error (as we all know). Question is this: If I want to setup MAME to run Atari 5200, 7800, Intellivision, SNES, etc, do I re-install MAME each time into that specific Emu's folder directory? I'm very hesitant to do so because it took so long to get MAME to run without bugs initially. Actually downloaded and running MESS .151 because I didn't want to 'cloud' the MAME config at all.

(WIndows 10, 64 bit, Intel Core 2 Duo, 4g ram, GMA 4500)

Thank you in advance!

Sandy
thankyoumame

Re: MAME, MESS and Maximus

You should ask your question to the Maximus support team, since it's a separate (and commercial) product.
Sandman71

Thanks
B2K24

My understanding is; Maximus hasn't been updated since 2009, so that's a problem as MAME is actively developed and is always changing/improving.
I understand you wish to continue using the front end that you've bought or like the look of, but unfortunately, it's really inefficient to do so.

MAME has it's own Internal UI that you can look at by double-clicking mame64.exe or QMC2 is actually the recommended front end as it has support for the massive amount of features that MAME offers.

http://wiki.batcom-it.net/index.php?tit ... de_to_QMC2

Return to “MAME Discussion”