Kurz

Adjust master volume & deactivate gradients in options?

I'm using MAME 0.185 64-bit.

1) Is it possible to adjust the master volume somewhere in the options or configuration forever instead of each game individually everytime I start one?

2) I adjusted the colour scheme of the menu to my liking. Is there a way to get rid of the gradients in the menu (transparency can stay) and make the selection uni-colored?
mhoes

Re: Adjust master volume & deactivate gradients in options?

Kurz wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 11:22 am 1) Is it possible to adjust the master volume somewhere in the options or configuration forever instead of each game individually everytime I start one?
My 'mame.ini' has a 'volume' setting, which is set to '0'. I haven't tested it, but I assume you can set it to the desired value there ?
Tafoid

Re: Adjust master volume & deactivate gradients in options?

mhoes wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 12:34 pm
Kurz wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 11:22 am 1) Is it possible to adjust the master volume somewhere in the options or configuration forever instead of each game individually everytime I start one?
My 'mame.ini' has a 'volume' setting, which is set to '0'. I haven't tested it, but I assume you can set it to the desired value there ?
Yes. Volume 0 is max (there is no overdrive)... so something like -volume -10 in your mame or game/driver/genre .ini will lower the volume for those selected. I think the same is true for our other UI settings, so long as they are permanently saved in an .ini they should be loaded when called upon.

Return to “MAME Discussion”