Xray64

Mame Speed Up lag

I got mame 0186 and I got an old 3d racing game called Speed Up but is lags so much for some reason, it would be my computer but It works fine with ps1 and n64 emulators so I dont know why it would lag on mame, If you want I can make a video and post it to youtube so you can see whats happening. Thanks for reading!
Tafoid

Re: Mame Speed Up lag

Xray64 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:11 pm I got mame 0186 and I got an old 3d racing game called Speed Up but is lags so much for some reason, it would be my computer but It works fine with ps1 and n64 emulators so I dont know why it would lag on mame, If you want I can make a video and post it to youtube so you can see whats happening. Thanks for reading!
'Old Racing Game" it may be, but you cannot compare one system to another in terms of if it will run on xxx machine or if another emulator that has seemingly more going on is faster. A video is not needed. Some drivers require more CPU to emulate successfully. This Speed Up game, in particular, needs a decent rig to run because it has 3 somewhat beefy cpus to emulate at a somewhat high resolution. With my PC, an Intel i5 with 3.2gz Quad Core, there are some parts during gameplay that I am just barely able to run it at 100% (showing about 130% speed unthrottled).

Sorry, there is nothing you can do to boost your performance outside of improving your machine. Also, use 64-bit build if at all possible as this will give you the best performance available.
Xray64

Re: Mame Speed Up lag

Thanks for the reply and help! I guess I will have to wait to get a new computer.

Return to “MAME Discussion”