boochk

SNES DSP1 Chips

Super Mario Kart requires a missing DSP rom in order to work. I have located the rom information but in order to make it work, they must be combined. I have been unable to locate a way to combine them. I am guessing that ClrMamePro might be able to do this but have not found anything to help. rom name="dsp1b.u3" size="10240" crc="2838f9f5" needs to be added to the smkart file but the files that make the dsp1b rom are dsp1b-program.bin dsp1b-data.bin. When combined they will correct the missing rom. Can someone advise how to combine these two files into dsp1b.u3?

Thanks,
John
Robert

Re: SNES DSP1 Chips

(deleted)
Last edited by Robert on Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
boochk

Robert,

Thank you for your advice, I never thought of old DOS commands. Although this worked to combine the files, it did not resolve the issue. After about 6 hours of searching the web, I located file dsp1b.bin and dsp3.bin and the CRC matches what MAME is looking for in the SNES hash file. If I rename the file to dsp1b.u3 it works in two versions of Mario Kart correctly. If I rename it to dsp1.u3 it will work only from the command line since the CRC does not match. Since I have the USA version of Kart, I was trying to make that one work which requires dsp1.u3..

I think I have all of the DSP series ROMs but they are unpadded from what I can find on the net. Other than the two correct dsp chips I found that work, I have exhausted my efforts to locate the "padded" files. I have been unable to find any information on how to restore the padding so the CRC will match or if I am even correct about this. Since Mame is looking for these files, I assume they exist but cannot find any further information on a resolution. Any further guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John
boochk

I don't know if there is a solution to this but after days of searching, I located the DSP1 chip, My Mario Kart USA now works.

Thanks,
John

Return to “MAME Discussion”