DOS76

Unavailable games

Okay I updated MAME but in the unavailable category I'm listed as having 48 ROMs missing so I grabbed another full set torrent and went looking for those particular files while I found 21 of them the other 27 aren't in the newest fullset the list of ROMs that are reported missing by MAME will be below I'm wondering if these roms are supposed to be there or have they been removed from the set
cvs2mf
gtfore05c
gtfore05b
initdv2jo
mtchxl6ko
mtchxl5ko
mtchxl5ko2
mtchxlgldo
gundch83a
outr2stjo
p911uc
quizard_10
quizard_17
quizard4_40
mwskinso
soulclb3b
specfrceo
avalonce
thrild2c
tokyocopk
totlvica
totlvicj
tsurugij
vf4tuneda
vf4o
wangmid2ja
wargodsa
Pernod

Re: Unavailable games

These all require CHD's which you likely don't have.
DOS76

No I don't have the ROMs in my set at all and when you download the 0.188 set they are not inside of the set so unless they are chd games that don't have ROMs that go with them that doesn't sound right.
Robert

--
Last edited by Robert on Fri May 03, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tafoid

The likely issue with these is you are assuming that the internal UI does a full audit and will tell you that you have an available set based on a full verification. MAME only validates roms at runtime and will inform you what you are missing. For quick determination of if you have a machine or not, it will look for either a compressed folder (.zip/.7z) or a folder with the shortname of the machine in question.

So, in each of the instances you list, the most likely scenario is that roms are taken in whole or part from the parent but the CHD is likely unique for that version and not taken from the parent set. MAME will not detect you have something via its internal scan unless you have a compressed folder or regular folder with the same shortname. So, the answer that "you are missing CHDs" is a completely valid observation.
DOS76

Okay some of the games listed in unavailable list that there are chd files needed and it shows the CHD file name for the ones that have CHD files others in the info don't list any CHD info
MAMECHD.jpg
MAMECHD.jpg (337.1 KiB) Viewed 9588 times
MAMENOCHD.jpg
MAMENOCHD.jpg (298.18 KiB) Viewed 9588 times
DOS76

Also I just downloaded the jojor1.zip rom file not chd and added it to my full set and now it list 27 games missing and not 28 so like I was trying to state there are ROMs that 0.188 expects to be part of the set that aren't in the full 0.188 set available on PD.
DOS76

I have it all sorted out now and MAME says I have 0 unavailable items only about 5 of those where CHD files the rest were ROMs not in the 0.188 set

Return to “MAME Discussion”