allaboutromsmate

Controller Inputs frequently resetting to NONE

Using the latest version of mame, I'm having the controller Inputs frequently resetting to NONE so I'm having to setup the controllers again from scratch every other time I load mame.

Just wondered if anyone has an answer to this problem?
mhoes

Re: Controller Inputs frequently resetting to NONE

I'm not sure if this applies to you specifically, but there seems to be an issue with the latest MAME version where not all of the changes made with the internal UI get saved to the MAME .ini configuration file.

http://mametesters.org/view.php?id=6637

If this does apply to you, a possible workaround might be to edit the mame.ini file manually with a text editor, go back to a MAME version where this bug was not introduced yet, or wait for a next version where the issue is fixed.
allaboutromsmate

Ok, thank you so much for the reply. I really appreciate it.

What a great community here at MAME.
mhoes

Oh, one more thing I can think of (no idea why this didn't occur to me earlier): If the previous MAME version does save the settings correctly, you could also try to just create a mame.ini by changing the desired settings with that older version of MAME so the changes get properly saved to mame.ini, and then use that mame.ini version with the latest MAME binary. Make sure you make a backup copy of your current mame.ini first before overwriting it, so you can always just go back to that one if things don't work out (if there are changes to the mame.ini settings in a new version of MAME, you cannot always just use a mame.ini of a previous version).

Return to “MAME Discussion”