ehastings

Two Issues

I have used MAME 32 for many years now and my kids recently did something that makes the tab key do nothing. So I cannot pull up settings. If anyone knows a fix for this, I would appreciate it.

When I could not find an answer to this online, I downloaded the newest 192 MAME version. However, when I put in my controller settings for a game, they do not seem to save. Each time I open the game, it is reset and I need to enter the controls again. How can I make the settings stay in the games?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Tafoid

Re: Two Issues

ehastings wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:31 pm I have used MAME 32 for many years now and my kids recently did something that makes the tab key do nothing. So I cannot pull up settings. If anyone knows a fix for this, I would appreciate it.

In your CFG folder, you need to delete the "default.cfg" or text edit that file to eliminate the mapping for the "Config Menu"
ehastings wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:31 pm When I could not find an answer to this online, I downloaded the newest 192 MAME version. However, when I put in my controller settings for a game, they do not seem to save. Each time I open the game, it is reset and I need to enter the controls again. How can I make the settings stay in the games?

External controllers are assumed to be plugged in at all times. If MAME starts and you do not have them plugged in, you will lose any special mappings you've done. One way to avoid this is to create your configuration as you want it and then set the properties of that .CFG file to "READ ONLY", therefore keeping the settings even if controllers are not plugged in.
Graham

Tafoid wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:34 pmExternal controllers are assumed to be plugged in at all times. If MAME starts and you do not have them plugged in, you will lose any special mappings you've done. One way to avoid this is to create your configuration as you want it and then set the properties of that .CFG file to "READ ONLY", therefore keeping the settings even if controllers are not plugged in.
This seems a bit unfair if you have your controller unplugged for one reason or another. This has happened to me a couple of times and at the time, I assumed this was a bug. I think it would be better to remember what had been set until you plug in another controller and then remap. Thanks for mentioning this though.

:)
https://www.thevenusproject.com | Beyond Politics Poverty and War
ehastings

1. There is no default.cfg file in the folder, only dir.text. I saw this fix online before but I don't have that file.

2. My controller is never unplugged.

Any other ideas? Thanks.

Return to “MAME Discussion”