Rastan

Baku baku Animal

Bonjour à tous! ^_^
I wonder why Sega STV "Baku Baku Animal"'s sound is so low? I need to level up my TV sound to 50% to hear it. At 70-75% the level is good as witj the other games (MVS, CPS...)
Tafoid

Re: Baku baku Animal

Rastan wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:12 am Bonjour à tous! ^_^
I wonder why Sega STV "Baku Baku Animal"'s sound is so low? I need to level up my TV sound to 50% to hear it. At 70-75% the level is good as witj the other games (MVS, CPS...)
Sadly, there is no indication that the original was any different. Sound was lacking for a long while for this title and others until late 2011 or so and while it make sense that each ST-V game should output the about the same volume levels across the board, this isn't how it is in reality. There are still unknowns with ST-V sound, so maybe are emulation may be missing something so that cannot be discounted (notice the inaccurate audio and video flags when starting any ST-V game).

Just remember these are generally in cabinets by themselves, so each cabinet would have their cabinet's volume setup adjusted per-game. To be honest, to me, it sounds a bit low even from a cabinet recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebo-Hagsccw
Rastan

Thank you for your reply Tafoid! ;-)
Anybody else has this problem with Mame or with original game? Do you need to set the volume very loud (50% or more) to hear the music?
Rastan

Anybody else knows the reason?... :-)

Return to “MAME Discussion”