Jer

Software Lists

I started looking into the Mess side of Mame today and trying to get C64 up and running. Software list is stored at mame\roms\c64\. How do you actually load software for C64. I can't get past the main C64 screen. Thanks.
Tafoid

Re: Software Lists

Jer wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:26 am I started looking into the Mess side of Mame today and trying to get C64 up and running. Software list is stored at mame\roms\c64\. How do you actually load software for C64. I can't get past the main C64 screen. Thanks.

Many vintage/classic computers did not 'autoboot' games either from cassette or floppy disk.
In the case of c64, you select it in MAME menus just like any other piece of software, but you then have to perform whatever task is need to access the media you have mounted once the machine has booted. This is a link that details LOAD: https://www.c64-wiki.com/wiki/LOAD

Most systems have a healthy amount of help scattered throughout the internet - google is your friend here.
Jer

Re: Software Lists

Thanks, turned out to be a wrong setting I had in QMC2. I've been a long time Mame follower but this is the first time I have delved into the MESS side. Pretty interesting...

Return to “MAME Discussion”