thegatekeeper

Favourites in MameUI64

Hey guys,

I have a quick question regarding MameUI64 and favorite games. I set a game as favorites, however I cannot see it in the folder section. Shouldn't there be some sort of folder for favorite games only?

I checked the directory and found a file called favorites.ini inside the ui folder, and it contains the following:

[ROOT_FOLDER]
[Favorite]

mslug
Metal Slug - Super Vehicle-001

mslug

Is there something wrong or do I need to do something more to see the favorites?

Thanks a lot!
Tafoid

Re: Favourites in MameUI64

thegatekeeper wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:38 pm Hey guys,

I have a quick question regarding MameUI64 and favorite games. I set a game as favorites, however I cannot see it in the folder section. Shouldn't there be some sort of folder for favorite games only?

I checked the directory and found a file called favorites.ini inside the ui folder, and it contains the following:

[ROOT_FOLDER]
[Favorite]

mslug
Metal Slug - Super Vehicle-001

mslug

Is there something wrong or do I need to do something more to see the favorites?

Thanks a lot!

That file looks to be made from what you did with MAME's internal UI, not MAME64UI. AFAIK you can't simply plug in a text file to create a list of favorites, but must manually select them in MAME's internal UI.

If you are using MAME64UI, you can get help with that here: http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/po ... ard=mameui

Return to “MAME Discussion”