Bobins

How to supress a system message

Im trying to stop the save state loaded successfully message from appearing on screen after loading a save state. Any suggestions?
Tafoid

Re: How to supress a system message

Bobins wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:27 am Im trying to stop the save state loaded successfully message from appearing on screen after loading a save state. Any suggestions?
The only way you could accomplish this is to edit the MAME source, locating the offending popmessage, making the line a comment instead, then recompiling you own binary. There is no command that eliminates popups from showing.important information. Doing such a change should not be difficult to do.
Bobins

Can you point me towards the utilities I need to compile/decompile the code. Also, if there's current tutorials on using and modifying MAME binaries that you would recommend. Thank you.
Tafoid

Bobins wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:49 pm Can you point me towards the utilities I need to compile/decompile the code. Also, if there's current tutorials on using and modifying MAME binaries that you would recommend. Thank you.

You cannot hex edit or otherwise modify current binaries to accomplish what you want to do. You can, however, learn to pull/download MAME source and compile it locally on your machine.
http://mamedev.org/tools/
http://docs.mamedev.org/initialsetup/co ... ht=compile
Bobins

Im off to work but will check it out tomorrow. Thanks for the support.
Bobins

Ok, I have the source sitting on my C drive and im about to start researching. Which files should I look at for these system messages and do I open them with the shell commands?

Return to “MAME Discussion”