wiz

listxml: missing parents

When looking at the -listxml output, there are a couple of roms that claim to be derived from a parent that is not included in the -listxml output. The most glaring one is "genpin" but there are about a dozen more.
I think this is a bug. Either the parent should be included in the -listxml output, or the "parent" relationship should not be exported.
What do you think?
Tafoid

Re: listxml: missing parents

There is GENPIN which covers general sounds from pinball tables (mechanical/chimes/plungers/solenoids) and that applies to dozens of drivers worth of machines. There is no way in that instance to determine or assign a parent. There are also some samples which are only used in certain situations (eg: a number of NES games use voice samples for a yet fully emulated speech chip). I'm not sure that all samples can be named after a game/machine or driver.
Robert

----
Last edited by Robert on Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wiz

Thanks for clearing up genpin.
There are a couple more: MM1_keyboard, moepro, ftaerobi, mpsaikyo, moepro90, terao, mptennis, moepro88, smoepro.
I'd prefer if they were not in the listxml output if they don't really exist as game sets.

Return to “MAME Discussion”