CptGuapo

MAME 0.181 7zip self-extractables files don't run - Win10 x64

That's it. I tried everything: Ran as administrator, re-downloaded them, turned off antivirus, safe mode, checked if Windows had suspended the threads etc. Nothing. Both x64 and x86 versions. When I click them, the icon even changes to working mode but nothing happens. Weird, to say the least.

Given that situation, I'd like to know if someone could upload somewhere MAME x64 in a already extracted and zipped folder, because I would like to update my fullset and try some new working Toaplan games.
"Mythology is what grown ups believe, folklore is what they tell children and religion is both."
Tafoid

Re: MAME 0.181 7zip self-extractables files don't run - Win10 x64

CptGuapo wrote:That's it. I tried everything: Ran as administrator, re-downloaded them, turned off antivirus, safe mode, checked if Windows had suspended the threads etc. Nothing. Both x64 and x86 versions. When I click them, the icon even changes to working mode but nothing happens. Weird, to say the least.

Given that situation, I'd like to know if someone could upload somewhere MAME x64 in a already extracted and zipped folder, because I would like to update my fullset and try some new working Toaplan games.
I only have Windows 7 and when I open it up, I get the "Open File - Security Warning" box which asks to accept "Unknown Publisher" because it doesn't have a digital signature... choices of RUN or CANCEL. There is a checkmark which maybe an issue on your end which, when checked, "Always ask before opening this file".. perhaps it got unchecked? Anyway, do you have 7zip installed? You can always open it up (or should be able to) as a normal .7z archive by right clicking, 7zip and Open Archive.. then drag/drop what you want into a folder. I generally do this myself to install.
CptGuapo

You saved me, Tafoid! :D I really didn't know about this thing to open those self-extractables with 7zip... I didn't try because to me they were simply .EXE files, which normally you wouldn't open this way you suggested. :oops:

And yeah, in Win10 I have that UAC thing too which protects when you click in an executable file prompting you a window to decide but such window also didn't open in this situation, but as for the other .EXEs it opened normally... I hope this don't happen in the future, since it was OK in the last releases... Go figure... :?

Anyway, thank you very much for your help. :D

Let me check some "Vimana" and "Teki Paki" now... :roll:
"Mythology is what grown ups believe, folklore is what they tell children and religion is both."
B2K24

Try to right click mame0181b_64bit.exe, choose 7-zip, and select open archive. From there you can do a number of things from using the extract option or manually having everything selected and dragging it where you want.

No problems at all using Win10 X64 as well.
CptGuapo

Thanks, man. I already did that as Tafoid told. But it still not working through direct double click.

Return to “MAME Discussion”