allaboutromsmate

No versions of Virtua Striker work on MAME

Hello

I just wanted confirmation really, it seems even with the most up to date romset and latest version of MAME that Virtua Striker is red and listed as not working.

I just wanted to check this is the case for others.

I also wondered if someone would be kind enough to explain why some games are included in the list in mame when they don't work? Why not wait till they do? I hope that makes sense.

Thanks in advance for any help.
mhoes

Re: No versions of Virtua Striker work on MAME

DISCLAIMER: I'm not a MAME developer.
allaboutromsmate wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:05 pmI just wanted confirmation really, it seems even with the most up to date romset and latest version of MAME that Virtua Striker is red and listed as not working.

I just wanted to check this is the case for others.
Yes, if a game/system is marked as 'not working' for you, it is marked as 'not working' for everyone else as well. Whether it is marked as 'not working' or not depends on the code in MAME and ROMs dumped, not on who is using MAME.
allaboutromsmate wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:05 pmI also wondered if someone would be kind enough to explain why some games are included in the list in mame when they don't work? Why not wait till they do? I hope that makes sense.
I guess you could argue it both ways. If you are here just to play the games, you might want only the 'working' games to be listed. On the other hand, if your'e a developer you may want to know that (some/most/all) ROMs have been dumped and that there is at least prelimininary support in the MAME codebase.

At least the IV/Play MAME frontend for Windows (but perhaps others as well) allows you to hide the games/systems marked as 'non working' in it's configuration, which sounds like what you want ?
B2K24

MAME's Internal UI (double click mame64.exe) has a working filter you can select and the majority of front-ends do as well.
allaboutromsmate

That's absolutely brilliant. What informative and well explained answers. That was just what I was looking for. I seem to have a habit of posting on forums and no one knows what I'm getting at lol.

Thank you again

Return to “MAME Discussion”