ArMM1998

Need help to preserve the contents of an old Pachinko machine.

I was directed to this forum to ask for help on this, i hope i'm not breaking any rules by posting this here.
If any moderator that sees this deems it's not for this place, i would greatly appreciate some directions on where i should ask this.

A few friends have bought an expensive pachinko machine from the Puyo Puyo franchise for the purposes of preservation.
They wish to gain access to the assets of the game, including animations/videos and unique art made specifically for it.

Here is a video of the machine in acction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT-mwb90d64&t=2424s
It has completely unique and very fluid animations that my friends are trying to capture using a capture card with some fancy hardware, but ideally it would be best to preserve the rom of the game.

Here's the information i have:
The chips are not soldered in, so they could be shipped to anyone who has equipment to dump their contents, but i have no idea if it's one of those "suicide" chips that clear their content if you pull them out.
Here's a picture of them:
They are 512 megabytes per chip, but they use an 88-pin FLGA socket.

We would love to dump the contents of the rom and investigate its assets, so any help is greatly appreciated.
If anyone has the equipment to dump them, please get in touch with @PuyoGameArchive on Twitter!
Arbee

Re: Need help to preserve the contents of an old Pachinko machine.

Hi! Sorry about the delay, MAME is discussed more often elsewhere so this forum hasn't really caught on.

Where are you located? That would help determine how easy it's going to be to get this dumped.
ArMM1998

Re: Need help to preserve the contents of an old Pachinko machine.

Oh hey.
So, my friends got someone in japan to keep the machine for them since shipping the entire thing was too expensive.
They've been working on getting footage with a capture card I think?
I'm not really in contact with the guy but I can ask my friends to send questions their way.
Their twitter handle is @Toaru_Junker_T

Is there a better place where we can discuss this or should we just keep it here?

Return to “MAME Discussion”