RetroMan

spaceftr is not a clone of starcas

Hi guys,

Just a quick message to send my appreciation for your hard work, which I enjoy almost every day. When extracting an XML from 0.220, "spaceftr" is being reported as a clone of "starcas". I think that is wrong, it's a clone of "spacefrt". Can you correct this?
Tafoid

Re: spaceftr is not a clone of starcas

RetroMan wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:09 pm Hi guys,

Just a quick message to send my appreciation for your hard work, which I enjoy almost every day. When extracting an XML from 0.220, "spaceftr" is being reported as a clone of "starcas". I think that is wrong, it's a clone of "spacefrt". Can you correct this?

Star Castle is a Cinematronics game. All games they produced for the arcade were created by them to my knowledge. Space Fortress is a clone in the sense that it is the same game as the original Star Castle, licensed for distribution by another company (Zaccaria), in this case for the Italian market. There is no evidence to suggest that your assertion that Space Fortress is the original game., sorry. All information I have see and have searched for overwhelmingly support the current knowledge that Star Castle is the original.

Return to “Work In Progress (WIP)”