lazenes

i will make a cabin but i can't open the game with mame

I can't play tekken 5.1 with mame64, it gives a problem with the sound, there is no documentation about this issue
Can you help me I want to make a coin operated machine?
Tafoid

Re: i will make a cabin but i can't open the game with mame

lazenes wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:08 am I can't play tekken 5.1 with mame64, it gives a problem with the sound, there is no documentation about this issue
Can you help me I want to make a coin operated machine?

When you boot/attempt to load the data for Tekken 5 - you should see a big RED screen which is meant to instruct you to read and note that the game is NOT WORKING. MAME doesn't even attempt at this time to emulate the PS2 based hardware. If you are looking for that specific game, you could try an actual PS2 w/the game disc as an alternative.

As far as making your own machine, you are on your own.
lazenes

Isn't there a clone of the machine in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrVSRIbBsvQ) so I don't want ps2, can't I just flash the rom here?
What should I do for Tekken 5 rom file of Namco System 256?
gspat

All Tekken 5 games listed in MAME have issues with the sound not working

The listing in red at the bottom of the UI tells you as much.

Your best bet to play it really is an actual PS2, unless you want to buy the actual PCBs and associated hardware to go into your cabinet you plan to build.
cpw83

lazenes wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:53 pm Isn't there a clone of the machine in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrVSRIbBsvQ)

It says
Real arcade hardware recorded using the Elgato Camlink 4K and the OSSC.

in the video description, meaning that there is no emulation involved. The video was captured from the real arcade machine - this has nothing to do with MAME.

Return to “MAME Discussion”