Augusto

Why audio sync was removed of ini ?

Thanks for read my post.
Previous version in MAME.INI in FULL SCREEN OPTIONS had an option audio sync.
Current version not has audio sync option in GUI options or in INI.
Why was removed ?
Audio sync is internally enabled ?
Have an good night.
Tafoid

Re: Why audio sync was removed of ini ?

Augusto wrote:Thanks for read my post.
Previous version in MAME.INI in FULL SCREEN OPTIONS had an option audio sync.
Current version not has audio sync option in GUI options or in INI.
Why was removed ?
Audio sync is internally enabled ?
Have an good night.
To my knowledge, there has always been just video syncing command (-waitvsync/etc.)

There is an audio latency option which you can select a delay to help address any probably audio issues which come up when syncing emulation to display in instances where your refresh rate needed is more than the monitor provides. -refreshspeed, too, is available to kludge the emulation to slow down smoothly to allow you to run those marginal 61 or so hz games well with syncing.

You have bugs posted to MT regarding refreshspeed not working with bgfx and we are aware of that. Last I checked it was being adressed or has been fixed in current sources.
Augusto

Re: Why audio sync was removed of ini ?

``To my knowledge, there has always been just video syncing command (-waitvsync/etc.)``
Had one option audio sync.

``There is an audio latency option which you can select a delay to help address any probably audio issues which come up when syncing emulation to display in instances where your refresh rate needed is more than the monitor provides. -refreshspeed, too, is available to kludge the emulation to slow down smoothly to allow you to run those marginal 61 or so hz games well with syncing.``
Not is about it.

Version 0.168 had one option Audio Sync in FULL SCREEN OPTIONS in mame.ini. Enabled the audio speed run sync with framerate.
I has tested current GIT with xaudio2 and not has audio sync. Have times the delay is more of 3 seconds even using good audio delays settings.
Because of audio out of sync in current version I has tested in 0.168 with the option audio sync disabled and have same issue with audio sync of current version.
If Audio sync is enabled not has issues with audio sync.
Not is about the audio delay option.

``You have bugs posted to MT regarding refreshspeed not working with bgfx and we are aware of that. Last I checked it was being adressed or has been fixed in current sources.``
My post sounds being one request to fix it ?
I understand here not is mametesters, but I had posted just to understand if audio sync was removed of INI because is internally enabled.
If audio sync was removed of INI and not being possible to enable perhaps is the because of issues with audio in refreshspeed.
I thanks very much your work in mametesters making the life of devs and users better in the world.
I also wait God bless you for your good action.
Not is about emulation or gameplay the line above.
Thanks for reply.

Return to “MAME Discussion”