Graham

[0.176] Hiding Clone Roms

Hi

Is there a way to show only parent roms by hiding clones within the Mame GUI?

Also, is it possible to just show the roms you have? I would have thought the "Available" filter would have done this. Currently, I'm having to add each one as a favorite.

:)
https://www.thevenusproject.com | Beyond Politics Poverty and War
Tafoid

Re: [0.176] Hiding Clone Roms

Graham wrote:Hi

Is there a way to show only parent roms by hiding clones within the Mame GUI?

Also, is it possible to just show the roms you have? I would have thought the "Available" filter would have done this. Currently, I'm having to add each one as a favorite.

MAME's internal UI only adds .zip or .7z containers it finds sharing a machine's setname in MAME when assembling the list (outside of machines which need no roms which can be shut off via configuration menu). Auditing is done at time of choosing to launch the machine, not before. If you do not want a clone listed, physically move it from your rompath.
Graham

Hi Tafoid

Sorry, I don't fully understand your reply. I don't have any clones in my roms folder, only parents. From my understanding, "All" should display everything. "Available" should only display what is displayed in my roms folder (this could possibly display clones of that parent).

Roms that I have seem to be in bold (although I see others in bold :?) and the greyed out items are not available or clones. Is that correct? Not sure what you mean by this "outside of machines which need no roms which can be shut off via configuration menu".

B2K24

In MAME's Internal UI you can go into custom and use an add filter option where you'll see Parents is a selection choice. From there you can have any combination of filters utilized which should achieve exactly what you want.

The UI maintainer should simply take the parents option and slap it on the left side by default (I guess) since it's probably a popular filter I'd assume.
Graham

B2K24 wrote:In MAME's Internal UI you can go into custom and use an add filter option where you'll see Parents is a selection choice. From there you can have any combination of filters utilized which should achieve exactly what you want.

The UI maintainer should simply take the parents option and slap it on the left side by default (I guess) since it's probably a popular filter I'd assume
Thanks, that seems to have done the trick. Unfortunately, there's no "Available" filter to choose from so I'll probably stick with "Favorites" for the time being.

Return to “MAME Discussion”