aarkay14

How to ask someone to add a new Hardware to MAME?

Dear All,

I wish to request MAME DEVs to add a SHARP x68000 MIDI expansion device to the HW list being emulated by MAME. I check the source code in MAME for x68000 and found that it does list up the expansion port but I do not think we have implemented any expansion board in MAME. I can buy the old hardware and send it to a MAME DEV personnel so that they can implement it.

Please let me know in case this is the wrong way to ask :( I just want to test my x68000 games with MIDI sound support.

-Rama
Arbee

Re: How to ask someone to add a new Hardware to MAME?

Hi!

I'm the MAME MIDI guy (I implemented the low-level interfaces and most of the existing hookups). It appears all of the common X68000 MIDI boards use a Yamaha YM3802 MIDI interface chip to do the work. If I can find out how those were seen by software I might be able to do something.

Thanks,
-RB
mahlemiut

If it's any help, here is a fork of XM6 (the original emulator's website no longer exists). Perhaps this might help in getting a working YM3802 core?

https://github.com/t-mat/XM6_pid/blob/m ... m/midi.cpp
aarkay14

First of all a Domo Aarigato! to both mahlemiut and Arbee for the response and sorry for the late reply.

I do agree with mahlemiut and if Arbee can confirm that he can use the CPP code to implement MIDI in x68000 then it will be awesome!!!! I request Arbee to confirm the same... :) :) :) cant stop smiling :)

-Rama

Return to “MAME Discussion”