CptGuapo

Extra INIs and DATs not working on MAME

Hi, guys.

I'd like to know if someone could give me a hint to resolve this problem. Texts from INIs and DATs are not being showed in "Info" tab and in the left list field on MAME 0.179.

The paths are correct in ui.ini as well on the MAME settings (under "Folder setup"). The files I got from Pleasuredome and they aren't compressed or something like that. Everything ready to run.

The images like snaps, cpanel etc. are OK.
"Mythology is what grown ups believe, folklore is what they tell children and religion is both."
Tafoid

Re: Extra INIs and DATs not working on MAME

CptGuapo wrote:Hi, guys.

I'd like to know if someone could give me a hint to resolve this problem. Texts from INIs and DATs are not being showed in "Info" tab and in the left list field on MAME 0.179.

The paths are correct in ui.ini as well on the MAME settings (under "Folder setup"). The files I got from Pleasuredome and they aren't compressed or something like that. Everything ready to run.

The images like snaps, cpanel etc. are OK.

DAT viewing was moved to a Lua plugin. Start MAME and select in the main menu option "Plugins".
Make sure that the entry for "Data Plugin" is set ON. Exit and restart and provided your .dat files are located in the default location in your .ini, they should display in both main menu selection and via the TAB menu.

As far as .ini that control category/etc, I think the default home for those is "Folders" in the Internal UI.
CptGuapo

Re: Extra INIs and DATs not working on MAME

Thanks for the help, Tafoid. I read about that Lua thing on what's new texts, however never imagined that I had to do that procedure to use the support files. But, once I turned the option on, they ran only after I put the dats and ini folders in MAME main directory. When they were in another directory, which I call "Extras", outside MAME's, even with paths properly assigned in mame.ini and ui.ini, the emulador didn't recognize them...

I tried several times, rechecking if some punctuation or letter was missing in paths, but they were correct. Is mandatory to have inis and dats inside the main directory of MAME with this new plugin implementation? With ROMs and images the paths in another folders were normally recognized since the first time...
"Mythology is what grown ups believe, folklore is what they tell children and religion is both."

Return to “MAME Discussion”