Minamoto Kobayashi

MAME 0.181 -> Big Sound issues on Qbert

Hello.
After upgrading to MAME 0.181, all the speech sounds in qbert were ruined. Any idea what is happened?
I checked the entire set and samples with ClearMAME latest version, but everything seems ok ...
Tafoid

Re: MAME 0.181 -> Big Sound issues on Qbert

Minamoto Kobayashi wrote:Hello.
After upgrading to MAME 0.181, all the speech sounds in qbert were ruined. Any idea what is happened?
I checked the entire set and samples with ClearMAME latest version, but everything seems ok ...
The samples (except the knocker for Qbert) were dropped in favor of emulation. It is functional for the most part but it still needs work, is not perfect, and will be worked on when effort can be put towards improving it. Since the game is flagged as having imperfect sound, the MAME team already knows the issue so no bug reports need to be made. You have one solution of staying with 0.180 somewhere on your computer if you a big player of Qbert and clones, Reactor, Wizard of War or Gorf as the samples are not expected to return for those games. Otherwise, like most of us are doing, just endure and cherish the growth when it happens.
Minamoto Kobayashi

Re: MAME 0.181 -> Big Sound issues on Qbert

Thanks a lot for the exhaustive reply! I will use and older MAME version only for Qbert :mrgreen:

Richard.

Return to “MAME Discussion”