donluca

Current state of emulation of CPS1/2 (wait states)

Hi everyone,

I was digging for some information as of late about the accuracy of the CPS1/2 emulation in MAME and found this old thread:

http://mametesters.org/view.php?id=00408

This goes back to MAME 0.37b8 in 2008 and mark confirmed.

With a last update on April 2012, it's still not clear to me if this have been fixed or not.

Hopefully some dev can shed some light on the emulation of wait states, if it has been done already, if it's been looked at or if it's more of a "look, things work well enough as they are now, so just forget about it".

Thanks! :)
Tafoid

Re: Current state of emulation of CPS1/2 (wait states)

donluca wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:32 pm Hi everyone,

I was digging for some information as of late about the accuracy of the CPS1/2 emulation in MAME and found this old thread:

http://mametesters.org/view.php?id=00408

This goes back to MAME 0.37b8 in 2008 and mark confirmed.

With a last update on April 2012, it's still not clear to me if this have been fixed or not.

Hopefully some dev can shed some light on the emulation of wait states, if it has been done already, if it's been looked at or if it's more of a "look, things work well enough as they are now, so just forget about it".

Thanks! :)
As I understand it, to completely emulate the wait states properly would require substantial reworking of not only the emulation core, but the CPU cores as well. I haven't heard anything that has changed this over several years.
donluca

Re: Current state of emulation of CPS1/2 (wait states)

Thanks for the reply!

Hopefully it will be looked at some time, even if it's going to be a massive rework, the utmost accuracy has always been one of MAME's strongest points (and the reason I chose it for arcade hardware emulation).

Return to “MAME Discussion”