Games that use laserdisc CHDs are supported by MAME.
The following games that use laserdisc technology are fully supported (and CHDs exist for them):
- cliffhgr - Cliff Hanger (Stern Electronics, 1983)
- cobra - Cobra Command (Thunder Storm) (Data East, 1984)
- cubeqst - Cube Quest (Simutrek, 1983)
- esh - Esh's Aurunmilla (Funai/Gakken, 1983)
- firefox - Fire Fox (Atari, 1984)
- mach3 - M.A.C.H. 3 (Mylstar, 1983)
- rblaster - Road Blaster (Data East, 1985)
- usvsthem - Us vs. Them (Mylstar, 1984)
A few of these are flagged MACHINE_NOT_WORKING in MAME.
Other games might be supported if CHDs were made for them. Even more laserdisc games are yet to be emulated.
A list of games for which ROMs exist in MAME (emulation working or not) but CHDs are still missing can be found here
(last updated for MAME 0.181):
https://mamedev.emulab.it/undumped/inde ... oDump_CHDs
It includes both laserdisc CHDs , other optical media CHDs (CDs/DVDs), and magnetic storage CHDs (hard disk drives).