PepsiBoy428
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:23 am

Bug with San Francisco Rush (boot rom L 1.0)

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:23 pm

Hi, this game used to work fine but now sometimes it doesn't seem to get past the menus and other times it works, Ever since Ted Green fixed San Francisco Rush: The Rock (boot rom L 1.0, GUTS Oct 6 1997 / MAIN Oct 16 1997), I rarely play the original San Francisco Rush anymore anyways. This problem needs to be fixed.

mhoes
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:26 pm

Re: Bug with San Francisco Rush (boot rom L 1.0)

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:25 pm

PepsiBoy428 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:23 pm
Hi, this game used to work fine but now sometimes it doesn't seem to get past the menus and other times it works, Ever since Ted Green fixed San Francisco Rush: The Rock (boot rom L 1.0, GUTS Oct 6 1997 / MAIN Oct 16 1997)
This game/machine is marked as 'not working'. Emulation is known to not be accurate. It's not supposed to work at this point.
PepsiBoy428 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:23 pm
This problem needs to be fixed.
This is not the way to go about it. Asking/begging/demanding something to happen will get you exactly nowhere. In fact, it will probably annoy people, and make it even less likely that it will be fixed. The only thing you can do, is hope that it might be fixed at some point in the future, or make the required code changes yourself.

PepsiBoy428
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:23 am

Re: Bug with San Francisco Rush (boot rom L 1.0)

Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:31 pm

mhoes wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:25 pm
PepsiBoy428 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:23 pm
Hi, this game used to work fine but now sometimes it doesn't seem to get past the menus and other times it works, Ever since Ted Green fixed San Francisco Rush: The Rock (boot rom L 1.0, GUTS Oct 6 1997 / MAIN Oct 16 1997)
This game/machine is marked as 'not working'. Emulation is known to not be accurate. It's not supposed to work at this point.
PepsiBoy428 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:23 pm
This problem needs to be fixed.
This is not the way to go about it. Asking/begging/demanding something to happen will get you exactly nowhere. In fact, it will probably annoy people, and make it even less likely that it will be fixed. The only thing you can do, is hope that it might be fixed at some point in the future, or make the required code changes yourself.
If you say sfrush is not working, then what's this?
sfrushworking.png
sfrushworking.png (137.3 KiB) Viewed 2624 times

User avatar
Tafoid
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:50 pm
Location: Vermont USA
Contact: Website

Re: Bug with San Francisco Rush (boot rom L 1.0)

Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:54 am

PepsiBoy428 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:23 pm
Hi, this game used to work fine but now sometimes it doesn't seem to get past the menus and other times it works, Ever since Ted Green fixed San Francisco Rush: The Rock (boot rom L 1.0, GUTS Oct 6 1997 / MAIN Oct 16 1997), I rarely play the original San Francisco Rush anymore anyways. This problem needs to be fixed.
I'd suggest deleting your nvram and restarting the machine and properly calibrating your controls when prompted (all of them showing green) before hitting ABORT (default 1 key) to boot to title screen. Local testing of MAME 0.193 seems to indicate all is working fine, assuming you are using the mamedev.org official Windows binary.

mhoes
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:26 pm

Re: Bug with San Francisco Rush (boot rom L 1.0)

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:01 am

PepsiBoy428 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:31 pm
mhoes wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:25 pm
PepsiBoy428 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:23 pm
Hi, this game used to work fine but now sometimes it doesn't seem to get past the menus and other times it works, Ever since Ted Green fixed San Francisco Rush: The Rock (boot rom L 1.0, GUTS Oct 6 1997 / MAIN Oct 16 1997)
This game/machine is marked as 'not working'. Emulation is known to not be accurate. It's not supposed to work at this point.
PepsiBoy428 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:23 pm
This problem needs to be fixed.
This is not the way to go about it. Asking/begging/demanding something to happen will get you exactly nowhere. In fact, it will probably annoy people, and make it even less likely that it will be fixed. The only thing you can do, is hope that it might be fixed at some point in the future, or make the required code changes yourself.
If you say sfrush is not working, then what's this?

sfrushworking.png

'sfrushrk' (San Francisco Rush: The Rock), not 'sfrush' (San Francisco Rush).
Attachments
sfrushrk.jpg
sfrushrk.jpg (397.88 KiB) Viewed 2601 times

PepsiBoy428
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:23 am

Re: Bug with San Francisco Rush (boot rom L 1.0)

Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:40 pm

mhoes wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:01 am
PepsiBoy428 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:31 pm
mhoes wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:25 pm

This game/machine is marked as 'not working'. Emulation is known to not be accurate. It's not supposed to work at this point.


This is not the way to go about it. Asking/begging/demanding something to happen will get you exactly nowhere. In fact, it will probably annoy people, and make it even less likely that it will be fixed. The only thing you can do, is hope that it might be fixed at some point in the future, or make the required code changes yourself.
If you say sfrush is not working, then what's this?

sfrushworking.png

'sfrushrk' (San Francisco Rush: The Rock), not 'sfrush' (San Francisco Rush).
Rush the Rock(sfrushrk) works fine in the latest version of MAME(0.193) thanks to a guy named Ted Green.
sfrushrkworking.png
sfrushrkworking.png (191.12 KiB) Viewed 2582 times

mhoes
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:26 pm

Re: Bug with San Francisco Rush (boot rom L 1.0)

Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:44 pm

PepsiBoy428 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:40 pm
mhoes wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:01 am
PepsiBoy428 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:31 pm


If you say sfrush is not working, then what's this?

sfrushworking.png

'sfrushrk' (San Francisco Rush: The Rock), not 'sfrush' (San Francisco Rush).
Rush the Rock(sfrushrk) works fine in the latest version of MAME(0.193) thanks to a guy named Ted Green.

sfrushrkworking.png
Ah. Thanks for pointing that out. Well, looks like I made a mistake here, then. Please ignore all my previous posts on the subject. Sorry for the noise.

PepsiBoy428
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:23 am

Re: Bug with San Francisco Rush (boot rom L 1.0)

Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:06 pm

Tafoid wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:54 am
PepsiBoy428 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:23 pm
Hi, this game used to work fine but now sometimes it doesn't seem to get past the menus and other times it works, Ever since Ted Green fixed San Francisco Rush: The Rock (boot rom L 1.0, GUTS Oct 6 1997 / MAIN Oct 16 1997), I rarely play the original San Francisco Rush anymore anyways. This problem needs to be fixed.
I'd suggest deleting your nvram and restarting the machine and properly calibrating your controls when prompted (all of them showing green) before hitting ABORT (default 1 key) to boot to title screen. Local testing of MAME 0.193 seems to indicate all is working fine, assuming you are using the mamedev.org official Windows binary.
Didn't work, problem still persists.
UPDATE: I ran the game in an older version of MAME and the problem didn't happen.

PepsiBoy428
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:23 am

Re: Bug with San Francisco Rush (boot rom L 1.0)

Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:30 pm

The game (the original San Francisco Rush) runs ok at first, then after completing a race and attempting to do another one, the game gets stuck on this screen after selecting my transmission. Using MAME 0.194
sfrushstuck.png
sfrushstuck.png (693.04 KiB) Viewed 2388 times

PepsiBoy428
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:23 am

Re: Bug with San Francisco Rush (boot rom L 1.0)

Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:03 am

I have an update: I recently tried this game(sfrush) after updating to MAME 0.195 and the problem still persists.

Return to “MAME Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests