idm

GPD Win PC - Can't save input settings

Dear everyone, I'm the lucky owner of a GPD Win PC.
If I configure the integrated joypad for MAME, as I switch it to mouse mode MAME can't detect it and deletes settings.
Is it there any way to permanently store input settings? (some way to allow plugging joypad after launching MAME)

Thanks if you help.
Tafoid

Re: GPD Win PC - Can't save input settings

idm wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:58 pm Dear everyone, I'm the lucky owner of a GPD Win PC.
If I configure the integrated joypad for MAME, as I switch it to mouse mode MAME can't detect it and deletes settings.
Is it there any way to permanently store input settings? (some way to allow plugging joypad after launching MAME)

Thanks if you help.

MAME functions this way by default, clearing mappings for non-present inputs and using default when possible as a fallback for the user so they are not locked out of input and the menus.

Not the most elegant way, but if you make a configuration you are happy with to stay between restarts which you may not have joypad plugged in, immediately got your CFG folder and right click, choose properties and check the attribute READ ONLY.. then APPLY. This will assure the CFG file you changed won't be overwritten, therefore saving controller even if not plugged in.

Perhaps down the road the configuration handling will be reworked but for now this is all we can suggest.
idm

Re: GPD Win PC - Can't save input settings

Yes, this makes sense.
Thanks.

Return to “MAME Discussion”