KLV

Neogeo doesn't work in new versions

Hello everyone!

I have a problem. In Mame 0.205 neogeo games doesn't work (show me missed files from neogeo bios). With 0.190 all games works without problems.
Tafoid

Re: Neogeo doesn't work in new versions

KLV wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:36 pm Hello everyone!

I have a problem. In Mame 0.205 neogeo games doesn't work (show me missed files from neogeo bios). With 0.190 all games works without problems.

Simply put, if MAME is missing files in a properly configured system, it is missing them (in whole or in part). The following link details what you can do to figure out what is missing and from there it is up to you to update your romset to match your version requirements.

https://docs.mamedev.org/usingmame/comm ... ssing-roms
KLV

There nothing missing. New mame versions does't read neogeo bios. Same bios file, in 0.190, works corectly
Graham

KLV wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:15 pmThere nothing missing. New mame versions does't read neogeo bios. Same bios file, in 0.190, works corectly

Hi KLV

Occasionally, newer files are added to rom/bios files. This may change between versions of Mame. If 0.205 is reporting missing files, these files will need to be added to your neogeo.zip.

:)
https://www.thevenusproject.com | Beyond Politics Poverty and War
mhoes

KLV wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:15 pm There nothing missing. New mame versions does't read neogeo bios. Same bios file, in 0.190, works corectly
From the url posted previously, which explains the situation but you chose not to read :
https://docs.mamedev.org/usingmame/comm ... ssing-roms

Why does MAME report “missing files” even if I have the ROMs?

There can be several reasons for this:

- It is not unusual for the ROMs to change for a game between releases of MAME. Why would this happen? Oftentimes, better or more complete ROM dumps are made, or errors are found in the way the ROMs were previously defined. Early versions of MAME were not as meticulous about this issue, but more recent MAME builds are. Additionally, there can be more features of a game emulated in a later release of MAME than an earlier release, requiring more ROM code to run.

- You may find that some games require CHD files. A CHD file is a compressed representation of a game’s hard disk, CD-ROM, or laserdisc, and is generally not included as part of a game’s ROMs. However, in most cases, these files are required to run the game, and MAME will complain if they cannot be found.

- Some games such as Neo-Geo, Playchoice-10, Convertible Video System, Deco Cassette, MegaTech, MegaPlay, ST-V Titan, and others need their BIOS ROMs in addition to the game ROMs. The BIOS ROMs often contain ROM code that is used for booting the machine, menu processor code on multi-game systems, and code common to all games on a system. BIOS ROMS must be named correctly and left zipped inside your ROMs folder.

- Older versions of MAME needed decryption tables in order for MAME to emulate Capcom Play System 2 (a.k.a. CPS2) games. These are created by team CPS2Shock.

- Some games in MAME are considered “Clones” of another game. This is often the case when the game in question is simply an alternate version of the same game. Common alternate versions of games include versions with text in other languages, versions with different copyright dates, later versions or updates, bootlegs, etc. “Cloned” games often overlap some of the ROM code as the original or “parent” version of the game. To see if you have any “clones” type “MAME -listclones”. To run a “cloned game” you simply need to place its parent ROM file in your ROMs folder (leave it zipped).
gordo_yokobe

mhoes wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:02 pm
KLV wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:15 pm There nothing missing. New mame versions does't read neogeo bios. Same bios file, in 0.190, works corectly
From the url posted previously, which explains the situation but you chose not to read :

I believe that the one that does not read is another, what he wants to say is because in previous versions of the emulator the games work perfectly, but in this version it indicates error of lost files such as

sp1-u4.bin
sp1-u3.bin
sp1-j3.bin
sp-j3.sp1
uni-bios_3_3.rom

such post that you mention does not give solution at all to the problem (or at least a clue) I suppose you have to add those files to the roms but they are not found anywhere.

and yes, I have the same problem.
mhoes

gordo_yokobe wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:25 pmI believe that the one that does not read is another, what he wants to say is because in previous versions of the emulator the games work perfectly, but in this version it indicates error of lost files such as

sp1-u4.bin
sp1-u3.bin
sp1-j3.bin
sp-j3.sp1
uni-bios_3_3.rom
These files were not needed in the old(-er) mame version, but they are needed in the new(-er) mame version (or they have been changed for the new mame version). That's why you get the missing files error.

As mentioned in the FAQ:
It is not unusual for the ROMs to change for a game between releases of MAME. Why would this happen? Oftentimes, better or more complete ROM dumps are made, or errors are found in the way the ROMs were previously defined. Early versions of MAME were not as meticulous about this issue, but more recent MAME builds are. Additionally, there can be more features of a game emulated in a later release of MAME than an earlier release, requiring more ROM code to run.
gordo_yokobe wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:25 pmsuch post that you mention does not give solution at all to the problem (or at least a clue) I suppose you have to add those files to the roms but they are not found anywhere.
Discussing were you can get the files is not allowed by the forum rules:
https://forum.mamedev.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=71

Return to “MAME Discussion”