Retro

Grand Striker is broken from MAME 0.61

Hello guys,

I want to apologize if it's not here, but I do not know where to say it

I want to comment that Grand Striker it was added to mame at 0.61 and since then it is still badly emulated graphically
what makes it unplayable :(

Is it possible that it will ever be fixed? Can it be formally requested? Thanks!

http://adb.arcadeitalia.net/dettaglio_m ... e=gstriker
Tafoid

Re: Grand Striker is broken from MAME 0.61

Retro wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 11:37 am Hello guys,

I want to apologize if it's not here, but I do not know where to say it

I want to comment that Grand Striker it was added to mame at 0.61 and since then it is still badly emulated graphically
what makes it unplayable :(

Is it possible that it will ever be fixed? Can it be formally requested? Thanks!

http://adb.arcadeitalia.net/dettaglio_m ... e=gstriker

Well, it would be safe to assume that if it was something simple to fix it would have been fixed already. As it stands, the machine "gstriker" and its entire driver/all machines located in it "gstriker.cpp" are known not to work and are flagged as such in source. There is nothing you can do about this other than hope that someday someone figures the problems out or redumps anything missing. MAME cannot guarantee that anything is, isn't, or ever will be playable. Of course, that is the hope of everyone who works on MAME is that all machines are eventually presented accurately based on the documentation.

If you have a little extra cash, based on your urgency, it would be a good move to a Jamma PCB of Grand Striker (they seem fairly inexpensive compared to many others), a supergun or other method to play it and you are set forever without any more waiting.
Retro

Re: Grand Striker is broken from MAME 0.61

Thanks for your response, there are things that I did not know.

Return to “MAME Discussion”