DOS76

Can;t get MAME to change monitors

Two weeks ago or so there was an issue with one of my displays and when I got it set back up MAME started launching on my secondary monitor. In Windows that monitor is not the primary monitor but yet MAME keeps using it for some reason. I went into the MAME.ini file and changed the screen setting from auto to \\\\.\\DISPLAY0 through 2 and no matter what number I used it defaulted to the same monitor. I've used this setting in the past in the Vertical and Horizontal ini files to set different monitors depending on orientation. Anyone got any suggestions as to what could be the issue. I would think with it set to auto it would use whatever display was the primary also but this doesn't seem to be the case either.
Tafoid

Re: Can;t get MAME to change monitors

DOS76 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 5:25 pm Two weeks ago or so there was an issue with one of my displays and when I got it set back up MAME started launching on my secondary monitor. In Windows that monitor is not the primary monitor but yet MAME keeps using it for some reason. I went into the MAME.ini file and changed the screen setting from auto to \\\\.\\DISPLAY0 through 2 and no matter what number I used it defaulted to the same monitor. I've used this setting in the past in the Vertical and Horizontal ini files to set different monitors depending on orientation. Anyone got any suggestions as to what could be the issue. I would think with it set to auto it would use whatever display was the primary also but this doesn't seem to be the case either.
You may have too many \'s...
I believe the proper syntax for the screens is, for example: \\.\DISPLAY1

You can check your -verbose output to see what is being assigned locally when running a machine from command-line
DOS76

Ah the MAME Documentation has it in the format I used let me try the other one now.
DOS76

Okay tried it the other way same results. Not sure how to use the Verbose command as I'm launching from the UI not the command line
Robert

(deleted)
Last edited by Robert on Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
DOS76

Okay I'm using a frontend named LaunchBox I can add that -verbose command to the frontend. Where will it output the information?

Return to “MAME Discussion”