Trick

Compiling Mame (for Android), Tiny build?, Arcade build?, Full build?.

Hi, I've nearly always rolled my own build of Mame, so I know what I need to compile the Windows build of Mame. I am interested in the Android build of Mame & have attempted to build it in msys64. Is it possible to build say the arcade or full build of the Android version of Mame currently?, as I have seen a fairly old guide for compiling the Android build of Mame & it would appear that back then you could only do the Tiny build of it?, has that progressed since then?. Is there a simple way to add say just the arcade games to the Tiny build?, if not could someone please show how to add a game, say, Heavy Unit or something to the Tiny build of Mame, preferably step by step, as I couldn't find a guide on how to do that at all. When I say try to do the command "make -j9 android-arm SUBTARGET=arcade" I get this fatal error while compiling:

Compressing src/mame/layout/chsuper.lay...
Compressing src/mame/layout/vd.lay...
Compressing src/mame/layout/einvader.lay...
Compressing src/mame/layout/h2hbaskb.lay...
Compressing src/mame/layout/escmars.lay...
Creating ../../../../android/bin/arm/Release
Precompiling src/emu/emu.h...
In file included from ../../../../../src/emu/emu.h:21:
In file included from D:\msys64\vendor\android-ndk/sources/cxx-stl/llvm-libc++/libcxx/include\list:174:
In file included from D:\msys64\vendor\android-ndk/sources/cxx-stl/llvm-libc++/libcxx/include\memory:604:
In file included from D:\msys64\vendor\android-ndk/sources/cxx-stl/llvm-libc++/libcxx/include\iterator:335:
In file included from D:\msys64\vendor\android-ndk/sources/cxx-stl/llvm-libc++/libcxx/include\iosfwd:90:
In file included from D:\msys64\vendor\android-ndk/sources/android/support/include\wchar.h:75:
D:\msys64\vendor\android-ndk/sources/android/support/include\stdio.h:41:15: fatal error: 'stdio.h' file not found
#include_next <stdio.h>
^
1 error generated.
precompile.make:316: recipe for target '../../../../android/obj/arm/Release/emu.h.gch' failed
make[2]: *** [../../../../android/obj/arm/Release/emu.h.gch] Error 1
makefile:85: recipe for target 'precompile' failed
make[1]: *** [precompile] Error 2
makefile:1274: recipe for target 'android-arm' failed
make: *** [android-arm] Error 2

[MINGW64] D:\msys64\src>

Is there something I need to put into Environment Variables to get further?, presumably pointing at the Value D:\msys64\vendor\android-ndk/sources/android/support/include\ under System Variables as the stdio.h file is present in that folder?, what would I title the Variable for it to find the stdio.h file?.
Klez

Re: Compiling Mame (for Android), Tiny build?, Arcade build?, Full build?.

Sounds messy cross-compiling mame for android from windows. Also you´ve got an eight core computer ? (-j9 ?)

I think in your make command you are missing some important variables like: "CROSS_BUILD=1" "REGENIE=1" or like in this case where you are getting errors i recommend the use of "VERBOSE=1"

In the Makefile i only see support for win32, unix and macosx as TARGET, so i think you are on your own in this presumable painful adventure.
https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/ec ... 3/makefile

Sorry to say that this looks complicated without some hacking in the source.
Trick

Re: Compiling Mame (for Android), Tiny build?, Arcade build?, Full build?.

Thanks for your reply, Klez, it's a bit messy, but it is apparently possible with the tiny build, you just need the tools, pacman -S mame-essentials android-ndk android-sdk java. Yep, I've got an i7. I tried those variables, but same result.

Return to “MAME Discussion”