Nery89

put bios in folder <> rom

Is it possible to instruct MAME to search in specific folder for bios (if not founded in rom)?
I didn't search thru all the ini file, but in internet seems that every bios should be put into the rom folder no matter what.
By the way, I already tested putting the whole bios (say for example naomi) as archive in rom folder and it works perfectly, but it is a bit disorganized that way...
thank you, let me know!
Tafoid

Re: put bios in folder <> rom

Nery89 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:59 am Is it possible to instruct MAME to search in specific folder for bios (if not founded in rom)?
I didn't search thru all the ini file, but in internet seems that every bios should be put into the rom folder no matter what.
By the way, I already tested putting the whole bios (say for example naomi) as archive in rom folder and it works perfectly, but it is a bit disorganized that way...
thank you, let me know!

Personally, I keep them all in one place.
But, if you want to split things up, you can have multiple rompath arguments.
Example: rompath roms;d:/roms;d:/software;f:/chd
You can edit the .ini file and add multiple paths by separating them with ;
Graham

I prefer to keep the bios folder separate from my roms. I've added a "bios" folder within and then used Mame's GUI to add this folder under roms. If possible, I would like these bios files to be used without appearing in Mame's GUI.

:)
https://www.thevenusproject.com | Beyond Politics Poverty and War
Nery89

Tafoid wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:18 pm Personally, I keep them all in one place.
But, if you want to split things up, you can have multiple rompath arguments.
Example: rompath roms;d:/roms;d:/software;f:/chd
You can edit the .ini file and add multiple paths by separating them with ;

Good! thank you a lot!

Return to “MAME Discussion”