LaughingMan008

Missing files that arnt missing.

Okay. So I downloaded the newest version of MAME and its doing something the previous version didn't. Previously, I was able to use the command line to launch MAME to run Philips CD-i games. Simply "mame64.exe cdimono1 -zeldgam" for example. For Wand of Gamelon. Worked perfectly fine in the previous version of MAME. But now it gives me that message about one or more files not being there and it can't run. Thing is, they ARE there. It even says specifically "zelda - the wand of gamelon (1993)(philips)(eu)[!]" is missing. Its not. Its in the ROM folder with that exact name. I even renamed it by copy and pasting what the prompt said, just to be double sure my eyes wern't being dumb and missing something.

It even fails when I like MAME64 and navigate with the interface. I go in, go to the bios and select them, then it brings up the list of potential games like it does, and I navigate to Wand of Gamelon which is white and bright and says "working" at the bottom. No deal. Tells me the same thing. That the file that's totally there, isn't. I have to start the bios with no game, then go to the TAB menu and to the option to insert a disk, then navigate through my files to find the CHD.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it?
I mean, am I doing something wrong BESIDES playing Zelda CD-i games?
Tafoid

Re: Missing files that arnt missing.

LaughingMan008 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:28 pm Okay. So I downloaded the newest version of MAME and its doing something the previous version didn't. Previously, I was able to use the command line to launch MAME to run Philips CD-i games. Simply "mame64.exe cdimono1 -zeldgam" for example. For Wand of Gamelon. Worked perfectly fine in the previous version of MAME. But now it gives me that message about one or more files not being there and it can't run. Thing is, they ARE there. It even says specifically "zelda - the wand of gamelon (1993)(philips)(eu)[!]" is missing. Its not. Its in the ROM folder with that exact name. I even renamed it by copy and pasting what the prompt said, just to be double sure my eyes wern't being dumb and missing something.

It even fails when I like MAME64 and navigate with the interface. I go in, go to the bios and select them, then it brings up the list of potential games like it does, and I navigate to Wand of Gamelon which is white and bright and says "working" at the bottom. No deal. Tells me the same thing. That the file that's totally there, isn't. I have to start the bios with no game, then go to the TAB menu and to the option to insert a disk, then navigate through my files to find the CHD.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it?
I mean, am I doing something wrong BESIDES playing Zelda CD-i games?

This most recent release of 0.221 brought about a lot of changes of labels - most notably anything with an exclamation point (among other reserved characters) were dropped from the file's internal stored label. The change was detailed here: https://github.com/mamedev/mame/commit/ ... 2539ae4503

When dealing with CHD based software, the criteria for matching the launched software is not any checksum type of size of checksum hash, but instead the source or software hash's "label" (or filename). Therefore, in order to fix this, you need to make sure the label matches what MAME requires.

In your instance, inside the "cdi\zeldagam" folder, you'll need to rename the file from:

zelda - the wand of gamelon (1993)(philips)(eu)[!].chd
to
zelda - the wand of gamelon (1993)(philips)(eu).chd

The same would be done for any other CHD-based software list item that was changed. It usually is a trivial process for a rom manager such as clrmamepro or other like utilities.
LaughingMan008

Re: Missing files that arnt missing.

Hey, thanks! That did the trick. Not so much the changing the file name, which I did, but putting it in a folder. Before I just had it in the ROMs folder and it worked fine, but now it wants me to have each CHD in a folder I see. Makes sense.

Return to “MAME Discussion”