dunhila

Question about Mame and Light guns

So I recently purchased an Atari Area 51 Site 4 arcade machine in pretty good condition and for a good price. I am enjoying it quite a lot but was wondering if it is possible through Raspberry Pi and Mame to get the original light guns that come with the machine to work with another game also published by atari like Maximum Force because they use the exact same light guns? Can this be done somehow? The machine has the original CRT screen everything so I don't know if Mame has an option to track light gun on such as screen. I am kind of clueless on the matter and was hoping for some help to get more use out of the arcade machine.
Tafoid

Re: Question about Mame and Light guns

dunhila wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:25 pm So I recently purchased an Atari Area 51 Site 4 arcade machine in pretty good condition and for a good price. I am enjoying it quite a lot but was wondering if it is possible through Raspberry Pi and Mame to get the original light guns that come with the machine to work with another game also published by atari like Maximum Force because they use the exact same light guns? Can this be done somehow? The machine has the original CRT screen everything so I don't know if Mame has an option to track light gun on such as screen. I am kind of clueless on the matter and was hoping for some help to get more use out of the arcade machine.

I'm not entirely sure how possible that is. I can tell you, however, a Raspberry Pi.. even a Pi4.. has virtually no chance in emulating Area 51 (Site 4), Maximum Force or many later arcade games that are may be playable in emulation with a decent computer/pc and a modern CPU.

I can only point to you a forum which covers arcade game cabinets and making them. You'll very likely get more help there.
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/

Return to “MAME Discussion”