RacerEks

Using mouse for lightgun games

How do you get lightgun arcade games (like Turkey Shoot or Point Blank) to use a mouse?

I have a Windoze 10 laptop and using a USB mouse. The default settings mention 'mouse x' and 'mouse y' but moving the mouse has no effect on the cursor, nor will the mouse buttons shoot.

Thanks
Tafoid

Re: Using mouse for lightgun games

RacerEks wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:55 am How do you get lightgun arcade games (like Turkey Shoot or Point Blank) to use a mouse?

I have a Windoze 10 laptop and using a USB mouse. The default settings mention 'mouse x' and 'mouse y' but moving the mouse has no effect on the cursor, nor will the mouse buttons shoot.

Thanks

You need to have mouse device activated (by default, it isn't active)
You can do this a number of different ways:

- Add -mouse to your command-line send for MAME: EG MAME64 tshoot -mouse
- Edit MAME.ini file and ensure that the line that starts "mouse" is set to 1, rather than 0. Save and start MAME again.
- Start MAME64 then select Configure Options -> Advanced Options -> Scroll to MOUSE and turn ON. Save Configuration/return to start the machine emulation.
RacerEks

That worked!

Thanks!!

It is -SO- much easier than using the keyboard.

:D
Ultrapat234

I have time crisis and when i opened the configure machine-general inputs-analog controls(i think) thats where i changed it to work with the mouse

Return to “MAME Discussion”