salfter

Apple IIGS: can't reset, can't enter Control Panel

I'm still fairly new to MAME (messed around with MESS' TI-99/4A emulation a while back) and thought I'd try out its Apple IIGS emulation. Ordinarily, before tracking down a disk image and trying to load it into a new emulator (I've previously used KEGS and GSPlus), I'd just start the emulator, hit Ctrl-Reset to drop to BASIC, and punch in a one-line test of some sort...maybe Hi-Res color bars or something. However, while running MAME with this invocation:

Code: Select all

mame64 apple2gs -window -resolution0 800x600
it tries to boot and then goes to the expected sliding-apple screen you get when no boot media can be found. Ctrl-F12 (for Ctrl-Reset) should drop the emulator into BASIC, but it's ignored. Ctrl-Alt-Esc (for Ctrl-OpenApple-Escape) should bring up the CDA list (with the Control Panel), but instead it minimizes the window, and upon bringing it back, we're still at the sliding-apple screen.

Reset does work properly when emulating the Apple IIe; Ctrl-F12 drops to BASIC, and Ctrl-Alt-F12 reboots. The misbehavior appears to be limited to the IIGS emulation.
Arbee

Re: Apple IIGS: can't reset, can't enter Control Panel

Control-Reset is fixed in current Github (which will eventually be the 0.225 release).

The control panel is a harder problem but I'll take a swing at it.

Cheers,
-RB

Return to “MAME Discussion”