Starfiretbt

How do you delete save states?

I have been playing games using M.A.M.E. with my 6 year old nephew and he LOVES them. While I like that you can save a game state under any key unfortunately when I try to save a game, for example at the beginning of a level, he in excitement is usually pressing keys on the game pad saving a game under those keys. This means I may have around 5-7 save states for a single game because he keeps pressing something when I hit shift+f7. Is there a way I can delete those saves? I know with SNES9x they have their own folder but I can't seem to find such a folder in M.A.M.E.
Tafoid

Re: How do you delete save states?

Starfiretbt wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:49 pm I have been playing games using M.A.M.E. with my 6 year old nephew and he LOVES them. While I like that you can save a game state under any key unfortunately when I try to save a game, for example at the beginning of a level, he in excitement is usually pressing keys on the game pad saving a game under those keys. This means I may have around 5-7 save states for a single game because he keeps pressing something when I hit shift+f7. Is there a way I can delete those saves? I know with SNES9x they have their own folder but I can't seem to find such a folder in M.A.M.E.

Make sure MAME isn't running and check your MAME folder setup. The default place save states are kept are in a folder called "STA". Inside that folder, look for a folder which matches the shortname of the machine in question - files will have an .STA extension. Delete what is not needed (filenames are set up to match key used for saving). Restart MAME and they should be gone.
Starfiretbt

Re: How do you delete save states?

I found it, thank you.

Return to “MAME Discussion”