xbrunox76

effect parameters in "# CORE SCREEN OPTIONS only for 1 monitor possible?

Hi all I've a cab with multimonitor systems.
a CRt and an LCD.
i want to apply effects only on lcd monitor and not on crt monitor.
i know that i can do it using BGFX and bgfx_screen_chains.

little problem... on my cab I use a groovymame version. and groovymame don't work very well with bgfx.

instead if i change effect line in core screen options and use a simple scanlines.png i can use d3d and for me is good.

but i want that the changes are applied only on my lcd (for mame \\.\DISPLAY1)
any suggestion?

thanks.
Tafoid

Re: effect parameters in "# CORE SCREEN OPTIONS only for 1 monitor possible?

xbrunox76 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:43 am Hi all I've a cab with multimonitor systems.
a CRt and an LCD.
i want to apply effects only on lcd monitor and not on crt monitor.
i know that i can do it using BGFX and bgfx_screen_chains.

little problem... on my cab I use a groovymame version. and groovymame don't work very well with bgfx.

instead if i change effect line in core screen options and use a simple scanlines.png i can use d3d and for me is good.

but i want that the changes are applied only on my lcd (for mame \\.\DISPLAY1)
any suggestion?

thanks.

I'm afraid that the "-effect" .png overlay is a legacy command that has been kept in source for a long while and, at least in my testing, can only work with ALL screens active (tested with "-numscreens 3 and -window -effect scanlines" to show all 3 windows - showing the same effect) and there is no function to make it an option to apply to any chosen screen to my knowledge. Not sure if this will be getting any updates, but the fact that it is a fallback command makes me doubt any action will happen. It does work in all video modes that last time I checked, however.

Perhaps someone else has had better experiences with it.
mhoes

Re: effect parameters in "# CORE SCREEN OPTIONS only for 1 monitor possible?

Tafoid wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:33 pm I'm afraid that the "-effect" .png overlay is a legacy command that has been kept in source for a long while ...
Huh. So my 'effect Scanlines0x4_J4' in mame.ini in order to get a scanlines effect, is a 'legacy setting' ? Alright, so what would be the preferred way to get the same effect with current mame ?
Attachments
Scanlines0x4_J4.png
Scanlines0x4_J4.png (157 Bytes) Viewed 4958 times

Return to “MAME Discussion”