Exley

mam 0.139 questions

hello :D
hopefully someone still knows about this old version.

i have 2 questions,

1. on PC running 0.139, whenever game list shows, it doesnt list everything, but either random games or I have to manually enter partial match
while on android for some reason it lists normally full list and user can scroll down and chose any existing rom available
-
question - why doesn't it work on PC like that ? and can it be changed in settings somewhere ? (how) ?

2. how do i setup for games like Jurassic Park, to use mouse instead light-gun ?
Tafoid

Re: mam 0.139 questions

Exley wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:56 pm hello :D
hopefully someone still knows about this old version.

i have 2 questions,

1. on PC running 0.139, whenever game list shows, it doesnt list everything, but either random games or I have to manually enter partial match
while on android for some reason it lists normally full list and user can scroll down and chose any existing rom available
-
question - why doesn't it work on PC like that ? and can it be changed in settings somewhere ? (how) ?

Simply put, that is what MAME 0.139 provided the enduser (up until a more featured selection/UI was added in MAME 0.171). You were provided a number of random entries and you can type to find the game you may be looking for. At the time, it was still suggested you use an external front-end or learn to use the command window.
EG: mame pacman -window

Exley wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:56 pm 2. how do i setup for games like Jurassic Park, to use mouse instead light-gun ?

You'll need to tell MAME to activate your mouse. You can edit your mame.ini file and change the 0 in "mouse 0" into a 1. For newer releases, simply head to Configure Options > Advanced Options > Mouse and change to "On". Otherwise, if using command-line, mame jpark -mouse will work.

We'd rather have you use the current MAME release (0.225) available at https://www.mamedev.org/release.html. Limited to no support is provided for much older builds (such as 0.139) and especially and Retroarch/Libretro MAME cores which have critical internals and functionality disabled or ripped out.
Exley

Re: mam 0.139 questions

well i do use MameXT as external UI, but i prefer original internal :P

as for version, i use older coz it is most compatible with roms i have :P

Return to “MAME Discussion”