Wardh

Press OK to continue

Hi,

When running mame from the command line.

Is there any way I can disable the press OK to continue and the messages I might get that this game does not run properly.

So that notification window does not come up.

Thanks,

Ward.
mhoes

Re: Press OK to continue

Wardh wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:45 am Hi,

Is there any way I can disable the press OK to continue and the messages I might get that this game does not run properly.

Thanks,

Ward.
Hi,

Generally speaking, there are two 'kinds' of messages :

1.)
For all games (working and non-working): A 'general game info' screen, that lists things like manufacturer, and some hardware information. These can be suppressed by using the '-skip_gameinfo' option on the commandline, or by adding 'skip_gameinfo 1' in your mame.ini

2.)
For non-working games, you get an additional message that clearly states that (parts of) the emulation does not work yet. This message cannot be disabled. The reason for this is to make absolutely sure that the user understands that the game/machine does not work yet, that there is nothing to be done about it by the user, and that the user does not go asking around or submitting bug reports for machines that are KNOWN to not be working. In order to prevent this from happening, and potentially wasting people's time, the developers made it impossible to disable this screen.
Tafoid

Re: Press OK to continue

mhoes wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:19 pm
Wardh wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:45 am Hi,

Thanks,

Ward.
Hi,

Generally speaking, there are two 'kinds' of messages :

1.)
For all games (working and non-working): A 'general game info' screen, that lists things like manufacturer, and some hardware information. These can be suppressed by using the '-skip_gameinfo' option on the commandline, or by adding 'skip_gameinfo 1' in your mame.ini

2.)
For non-working games, you get an additional message that clearly states that (parts of) the emulation does not work yet. This message cannot be disabled. The reason for this is to make absolutely sure that the user understands that the game/machine does not work yet, that there is nothing to be done about it by the user, and that the user does not go asking around or submitting bug reports for machines that are KNOWN to not be working. In order to prevent this from happening, and potentially wasting people's time, the developers made it impossible to disable this screen.

I'd also like to mention, we haven't required "OK" for well over 4 years now (Since MAME 0.172) for any information/warning screens. Any keypress or even digital controller movement will dismiss these screens now. Even newer still (Effective MAME 0.225) there is a command called "skip_warnings" which, under certain circumstances, the warning screens can be disabled for a time. Also, you can now see the Warning Screens if needed with an option in the TAB menu.

https://github.com/mamedev/mame/commit/ ... 50ce1807cd

Return to “MAME Discussion”