username

Sadari

Since Sadari was fixed recently to include the 3rd button, I played it and found that after attract mode finishes and high scores are shown, the title screen says "Sadari" in a very loud and clear female voice. Primella and Gun Dealer '94 are basically the same game on the same hardware with the same sexy pictures released the next year, but not only do neither of them say their title, but they added a fat girl who mocks you in between rounds and seems to say something to you, but it's so low as to be inaudible. Does the sound still need fixing in that driver? And do those two games need a 3rd button as well?
Tafoid

Re: Sadari

username wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:47 am Since Sadari was fixed recently to include the 3rd button, I played it and found that after attract mode finishes and high scores are shown, the title screen says "Sadari" in a very loud and clear female voice. Primella and Gun Dealer '94 are basically the same game on the same hardware with the same sexy pictures released the next year, but not only do neither of them say their title, but they added a fat girl who mocks you in between rounds and seems to say something to you, but it's so low as to be inaudible. Does the sound still need fixing in that driver? And do those two games need a 3rd button as well?

Not all machines which share the same theme or base game have all the same elements. More often than not, significant items in game are changed/added/deleted from the original game to differentiate their bootleg from an original. IMHO it is very unlikely that such differences in sounds or even controller schemes are not on purpose unless actual PCB recordings prove otherwise.
username

Re: Sadari

Thanks. However, Primella and Gun Dealer '94 are not bootlegs. They are by Dooyong as is Sadari. They all have MSM6295 for speech, so I'd really just like to know what that fat girl between rounds is saying!

Return to “MAME Discussion”