SparklePig78

Mame ROMs Not Working

Hi, I recently built a 4 player arcade machine with my dad and am now using Mame64 to emulate arcade games. Most of the games run perfectly fine, even though it sometimes says there will be emulation problems. There are, however, multiple games that don't seem to work. When I click on them, it usually loads to 99% and then just disappears. This wouldn't be a huge issue, except the ones that aren't working are the ones that my dad wants to play. Does anyone have any idea as to why these games aren't working. Btw, I have made sure I am using the same ROMs as I am Mame versions, and I've tried tons of different ROMs. I am still a noob at emulation so it could just be a mishap on my part but I've searched the internet and can't seem to find a solution...
Klez

Re: Mame ROMs Not Working

Only a small fistful of roms change between each MAME release, not the entire romset. However sometimes the rom that changes is a bios, thus afecting many games that depend on it.

Please check if the roms that are not working for you are correct using the comand line. For example, to verify the rom Metal Slug:

Code: Select all

mame -verifyroms mslug

Also, there is an interesting parameter for these cases, "verbose" With this parameter MAME will output a lot of extra information that will help you to diagnose the problem.

mame mslug -window -verbose
SparklePig78

Klez wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:51 am Only a small fistful of roms change between each MAME release, not the entire romset. However sometimes the rom that changes is a bios, thus afecting many games that depend on it.

Please check if the roms that are not working for you are correct using the comand line. For example, to verify the rom Metal Slug:

mame -verifyroms mslug

Also, there is an interesting parameter for these cases, "verbose" With this parameter MAME will output a lot of extra information that will help you to diagnose the problem.

mame mslug -window -verbose
Where do I run that command? I tried command prompt which I figured wasnt right and it doesnt work
Klez

i´ll assume you use windows.

The command line in windows is "cmd"

how to audit all your roms avaliable in mame.ini "rompath":

cd \RouteToMame
mame64.exe -verifyroms

if you want to check a specific rom, specify it´s name without the .zip extension like this: (example Metal Slug: "mslug.zip")

cd \RouteToMame
mame64.exe -verifyroms mslug

romset mslug is good
1 romsets found, 1 were OK.
Using this method you can check if your failing roms are bad.

Return to “MAME Discussion”