username

Namco System 23

I tried playing Rapid River and Final Furlong, since these 2 games run on slightly weaker hardware than the other games in this driver. I know all the games are marked as not working, but when I tried these 2 I got an 'unknown system' message and had to use task manager to quit MAME. Is this normal or some new problem that needs fixing?
Robert

Re: Namco System 23

(deleted)
Last edited by Robert on Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
username

Thanks. I use the ARCADE version of MAME, which is a continuation of MAMEUIFX. This filters out most mechanical/gambling/software, etc. and just includes arcade games. However, I can't figure out why Namco System 23 games would give an unknown system message, since there's nothing I can see that would make them anything other than regular games, albeit not playable as of yet. This message is usually reserved for the aforementioned etc.
Robert

(deleted)
Last edited by Robert on Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
username

Now this is weird. Captain Zodiac is a 1993 Taito game I never noticed before, even though the Japan set was in 0.200 and the World set in 0.211. It's a punching game which has no screens emulated because the display is LCD, so it's marked as not working. However, the ARCADE version of MAME I use, which is supposed to not include any drivers which have no working games, plays this game just fine. There's nothing onscreen, but sound works fine, and the English version is hilarious, insulting you constantly. Eventually there's a loud annoying buzzing sound, which I guess is some kind of "call attendant" type error.

Return to “MAME Discussion”