jmon

MAME 0225/QMC2 sega cd was working before with mpr-15045b.bin in segacd.zip...NOW IT STOPPED SEEING IT THERE...

06:06:18.561: stderr[#13]: mpr-15045b.bin NOT FOUND (tried in segacd)
06:06:18.562: stderr[#13]: Fatal error: Required files are missing, the machine cannot be run.
:? :shock: :cry:
jmon

Re: MAME 0225/QMC2 sega cd was working before with mpr-15045b.bin in segacd.zip...NOW IT STOPPED SEEING IT THERE...

UPDATE: I noticed the "Sega Sega CD" ( :shock: :? :shock: :? :shock: )...WTF?! And why is all the 3 'sub-tabs' under Devices greyed out?! :shock: :? :shock: :? :shock: :?
Tafoid

Re: MAME 0225/QMC2 sega cd was working before with mpr-15045b.bin in segacd.zip...NOW IT STOPPED SEEING IT THERE...

jmon wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:42 pm UPDATE: I noticed the "Sega Sega CD" ( :shock: :? :shock: :? :shock: )...WTF?! And why is all the 3 'sub-tabs' under Devices greyed out?! :shock: :? :shock: :? :shock: :?

The bios set for segacd has not changed at all as far back as I could check so your issue would be a configuration issue with QMC2 or some errant setting in your .ini path. Reference the link below to ID configuration files you could check. Beyond that, QMC2 may not be operating correctly as well since it isn't updated in a long while.

https://docs.mamedev.org/advanced/multiconfig.html
jmon

I don't even know how Sega Sega CD got under my Favorites list (Sega CD sure, but not that...I mean WTF?! :lol: ). Obviously removed that from Fav... QMC2 is not the problem...given that the mysterious FUCKING error is the "missing files error" crap known for MAME. And I did not change ANY fucking settings except add Genesis (USA, NTSC) and other simillar consoles...WHY IN THE FUCKING HELL WOULD THAT CAUSE ANOTHER CONSOLE TO NOT WORK! :evil: :o :shock: :evil: I HAD TRIED ENABLING CHECKSUM AFTER READING QMC2 DOC ABOUT WHAT ENABLE CHECKSUM IS AND ENABLED ROMALYZER (SYSTEM MODE) checksum and then recently tried reverting that AND tried instead enabling ROMALYZER (SOFTWARE MODE) checksum just to see if Software List works, not that I need it since I can get by with File Chooser like I have been so far. Also this happened after Windows 10 ver 20H was running 2 days without reboot...in past it has crashed or slowed down at that uptime. BTW, in response to Sega CD is experimental, why would it work for WEEKS at-a-time (only insignificant AND occassional bugs), additional month or more after Sega CD then decides to "mpr-15045b NOT FOUND" crap-of-an-error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :lol: :evil: :o :lol:

Lastly, for the 2nd time counting multiple installations with official AND non-official variants of MAME with different 2 or 3 frontends, I got the mysterious "stderr[#0]: [LUA ERROR] in execute_function: plugins/cheat/cheat_simple.lua:77: attempt to concatenate a nil value (local 'addr')". I know this problem has a solution, because I have fixed it before...but I can't remember. I think I bookmarked it, but its a "needle in a haystack". :x :!:

<code>
local function prepare_ram_cheat(desc, tag, addr, val, size)
local cheat
if desc:sub(1,1) ~= "^" then
currcheat = { desc = desc, space = { cpup = { tag = tag, type = "program" } }, script = { run = "" } }
cheat = currcheat
end
currcheat.script.run = currcheat.script.run .. " cpup:write_u" .. size .. "(" .. addr .. "," .. val .. ", true)"
return cheat
end
</code>

and the "nil" reference in:
<code>
function simple.conv_cheat(data)
local cheats = {}
for line in data:gmatch('([^\n;]+)') do
local set, cputag, offset, size, val, desc = line:match('([^,]+),([^,]+),([^,]+),?([^,]*),?([^,]*),(.*)')
if set == simple.romset then
local cheat
if cputag:sub(1,1) ~= ":" then
local list, name = set:match('([^/]+)/(.+)')
local func = list .. "_" .. cputag
if list and desc and codefuncs[func] then
local status
status, cheat = pcall(codefuncs[func], desc, offset)
if not status then
emu.print_error(cheat)
cheat = nil
end
end
elseif size and val then
if size == "w" then
size = 16
elseif size == "d" then
size = 32
elseif size == "q" then
size = 64
else
size = 8
end
offset = tonumber(offset, 16)
val = tonumber(val, 16)
if manager:machine().devices[cputag] then
cheat = prepare_ram_cheat(desc, cputag, offset, val, size)
else
cheat = prepare_rom_cheat(desc, cputag, offset, val, size)
end
end
if cheat then
cheats[#cheats + 1] = cheat
end
end
end
currcheat = nil
return cheats
end
</code>
jmon

UPDATE on second problem about cheat.simple plugin...I tried falsifying the 'start' variable in C:\Users\joshu\mame\plugins\cheat path-to-file, but when I fired up QMC2 front, then played the the very same Genesis game like before -its Sega CD machine "that does not run" as it has complained, but I digress- but under Plugins, it STILL listed Cheat! :o :shock: :? :x I was hoping to start/kill a Mame session with plugin off...then switch it back on...and start a new Mame session, BUT :? It's like Mame is not (through QMC2) parsing the file's "start" variable state. Maybe this was caused when I had to force a computer shutdown by front button...when QMC2 took over computer when it refused Windows' shut-app-down request and even a OS shutdown!!!!!!!!!!
jmon

UPDATE ON SECOND & ONLY PROBLEM: Okay, I think QMC2 is the issue because Sega CD games STILL load through direct MAME call (NO QMC2)...actually I remembered this was another reason that Sega CD machine needed to work, so I could test if it was ALL cheats or just genesis cheats mysteriously stopped working....it only works on segacd machine, but not Genesis!
jmon

QMC2 is not culprit! It's MAME because after nuking MAME directory's contents...and doing fresh install...it seemed to remember that state...even after a second reinstall, but I upgraded to 226 release...and found that starting from (growl) scratch through cheatfinder worked; if cheatfinder's INSTALLATION instance has not already found fucking cheat already VERY SAME :o :evil: :x address/value-paired code won't work (including FRESH REINSTALLS). SO KEEP AN EXACT "SHADOW COPY" OF LAST MAME STATE AFTER IT SHUTS DOWN! :x :o :( :roll: :wink:

Return to “MAME Discussion”