username

Ripped Amstrad music

At least 3 games, Twins, Spider, and Hot Blocks, have the same maddening music playing which apparently was ripped from several Spanish Amstrad games, which makes sense because all 3 Mame games are by Spanish companies (Ecogames, Buena Vision, Nix). I wonder how many others there might be. Also, Spider was released as a DOS game, but the backgrounds were nudes, as opposed to the MAME version which has clean pictures of cars and stuff. However, only the shareware version of Spider seems to be available on archive.org, but the readme talks about a full version which you can pay for. This version seems to be lost, so I wonder if the arcade version was ever released with nude backgrounds also.
username

Re: Ripped Amstrad music

I played through Spider and the ending says "Very Good!, You Did the Game. Now Enjoy the Images." Then you get images of the same 5 cars you saw after winning the first 5 rounds and the 5 "Special" rounds which just reuse the same bug graphics and bosses from the previous rounds all bunched together. I refuse to believe that this boring game wasn't released to arcades in an "Adult" version, too. No one would pay to see images of cars.

Return to “MAME Discussion”