GriffeyJoons24

New to Mame

So I’m new to mame and i just downloaded .226, For the most part, I’ve gotten a bunch of games to work, but some roms won’t work and I can’t figure out why. For example, I’m a big mortal kombat fan so I want to have all the arcade games, all of them work except mk4, it keeps saying I’m missing 461_mortal_k_25_u76.u76 and c32boot.bin, I can find c32boot.bin but not the other one, and when I try to start it, it says c32boot.bin needs to be redump....whatever that means lol. They’re also a bunch of other games that says I’m missing files when I try to start them. Any help would be much appreciated
Tafoid

Re: New to Mame

GriffeyJoons24 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:06 pm So I’m new to mame and i just downloaded .226, For the most part, I’ve gotten a bunch of games to work, but some roms won’t work and I can’t figure out why. For example, I’m a big mortal kombat fan so I want to have all the arcade games, all of them work except mk4, it keeps saying I’m missing 461_mortal_k_25_u76.u76 and c32boot.bin, I can find c32boot.bin but not the other one, and when I try to start it, it says c32boot.bin needs to be redump....whatever that means lol. They’re also a bunch of other games that says I’m missing files when I try to start them. Any help would be much appreciated

https://docs.mamedev.org/usingmame/aboutromsets.html
Should give you some help.

461_mortal_k_4_25_u76.u76 was a recent addition if a decapped PIC dump in MAME 0.225 meaning your mk4 romset may not be updated wherever it was obtained. While many games will simply run if you get the romsets that matches the setname, in your case above, mk4 requires a device rom. When you run in MAME, it should tell you where MAME expected to find the missing c32boot.bin file. This is a device rom shared to this machine and others as tms32032. Find that device rom and place it in your roms folder alongside the mk4.zip. Many popular machines especially those needing central device or bios romsets require additional files since they are shared between machines. NEOGEO machines need "neogeo.zip", many namco games also have shared device roms - all those should be listed when you try to run the via the UI as attempted. Using your example above, you'll see something like: c32boot.bin NOT FOUND (tried in tms32032 mk4)

Google may help find what you need. We cannot provide links to rom here.
GriffeyJoons24

Re: New to Mame

Thank you very much! I definitely understand it better

Return to “MAME Discussion”