gorgyrip

sfc box krom 2.00 [Frans van Egmond]

Does anyone know how can i get in touch with the guy that dumped krom 2.0? I would really like to see a picture of the pcb with the krom.
Maybe he's a member here.
Tafoid

Re: sfc box krom 2.00 [Frans van Egmond]

gorgyrip wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:44 pm Does anyone know how can i get in touch with the guy that dumped krom 2.0? I would really like to see a picture of the pcb with the krom.

Nope, he is a member. He was simply an external contributor to the project.
gorgyrip

Tafoid wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:24 pm
gorgyrip wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:44 pm Does anyone know how can i get in touch with the guy that dumped krom 2.0? I would really like to see a picture of the pcb with the krom.

So if he's not the owner of the krom 2 console, then who is? On regular consoles, the krom pcb has some missing components. I bet that on the krom 2 pcb they are present because krom2 has more options for paying method 3 (which i believe it was somehow related to include playing bill in the room bill). Sadly that option cannot be activated. And maybe it's similar to famicom box catv interface. There pin 1 is bridged to pin 4 (gnd). But on the sfc box there are those components missing.
Do you know more of this story? It was a regular console, or some prototype? If it was a regular console, what was the second cart? The atrom in pss61 was the standard one (v0), or was it also a newer version? So many questions... :D
PS: When used inside a console it says is version 2.00SH
Tafoid

gorgyrip wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:18 pm
Tafoid wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:24 pm

So if he's not the owner of the krom 2 console, then who is? On regular consoles, the krom pcb has some missing components. I bet that on the krom 2 pcb they are present because krom2 has more options for paying method 3 (which i believe it was somehow related to include playing bill in the room bill). Sadly that option cannot be activated. And maybe it's similar to famicom box catv interface. There pin 1 is bridged to pin 4 (gnd). But on the sfc box there are those components missing.
Do you know more of this story? It was a regular console, or some prototype? If it was a regular console, what was the second cart? The atrom in pss61 was the standard one (v0), or was it also a newer version? So many questions... :D
PS: When used inside a console it says is version 2.00SH

I meant to say he is NOT a member of this forum or of MAME's devteam and the new bioses for sfcbox were externally contributed by him. Perhaps someone who knows the machine and sees these messages can try to help with any specific functions.

Return to “MAME Discussion”