GoTheBunnies

How do I stop the screen from flipping?

Hi guys - built a MAME upright cab about 10 years ago (Mame133 and using GameEx frontend), and haven't have any issues with it since, so have really had no need to go back in and revisit settings etc.

Noticed recently though that a few games are flipping for player two (like they're on a cocktail cab), (Donkey Kong the main offender) and I cannot for the life of me remember how to change the switch to stop that from happening. I initially thought I had to change something in the mame.ini file, but I have a vague recollection that I have to change a file for each individual game where it's occuring?

Can someone jog my memory please?

Thanks
Tafoid

Re: How do I stop the screen from flipping?

GoTheBunnies wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:49 pm Hi guys - built a MAME upright cab about 10 years ago (Mame133 and using GameEx frontend), and haven't have any issues with it since, so have really had no need to go back in and revisit settings etc.

Noticed recently though that a few games are flipping for player two (like they're on a cocktail cab), (Donkey Kong the main offender) and I cannot for the life of me remember how to change the switch to stop that from happening. I initially thought I had to change something in the mame.ini file, but I have a vague recollection that I have to change a file for each individual game where it's occuring?

Can someone jog my memory please?

Thanks

Most games have a Dip Switch that will allow you to set the machine emulation to use "Cocktail" mode. Use the TAB (configuration menu) -> Dip Switches -> and check for "Cabinet" and make sure it shows "Upright". Once changed, exit MAME to save your settings and start MAME again. There are also rare occasions that a game was only programmed with a cocktail cabinet in mind, so such modification depending on cabinet installed is allowed. Such settings should be saved in "CFG" folder, under the shortname.cfg (pacman.cfg, for example). If you are still having trouble, you can simply delete that file and use default settings for that machine.
GoTheBunnies

Thanks Tafoid, but I don't think the Configuration interface in Mame133 had that option (I can't find it anyway).

I managed to find the mame.cfg file, and the screen rotation settings look like the attached. Any thoughts on what I need to change?

Thanks
Attachments
Mame config.jpg
Mame config.jpg (1.63 MiB) Viewed 6446 times
Robert

(deleted)
Last edited by Robert on Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
GoTheBunnies

All sorted - thanks. The part I was missing was hitting Tab when I started up the game so I could see the config settings. Once I worked that out the Dipswitch change is an easy one.

Return to “MAME Discussion”