arzoo

Outputs no longer supported in mame?

Hi,
It seems that as of mame v.170 output functionality is no longer supported. The following files are missing:
src\osd\windows\output.cpp
src\osd\windows\output.h
src\osd\windows\ledutil.cpp

Multiple applications (MameInteropt, LEDBlinky, CPWizard, etc.) depend on these files. Does anyone know if this was an intentional decision or an oversight? Thanks for any info.
Tafoid

Re: Outputs no longer supported in mame?

As posted by R. Belmont at mameworld.info to your inquiry:
http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sh ... ber=354131

> Multiple applications (MameInteropt, LEDBlinky, CPWizard, etc.) depend on these
> files. Does anyone know if this was an intentional decision or an oversight? Thanks
> for any info.

We broke the AimTrak guns, we broke those programs, pray we don't break more things.

No, but seriously, you'll want to take a look at src/osd/modules/output. The "network" provider is preferred, although I don't know how well any of this stuff has been tested. In theory it'll now also be possible to have an output provider that just lights up the GPIO pins on some of the beefier ARM dev boards like the ODROID-C2.

Also, the new "network" provider works the same on Windows, Linux, and Mac, which the old output stuff definitely did not.
Robert

----
Last edited by Robert on Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arzoo

Tafoid wrote:As posted by R. Belmont at mameworld.info to your inquiry:
http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sh ... ber=354131

> Multiple applications (MameInteropt, LEDBlinky, CPWizard, etc.) depend on these
> files. Does anyone know if this was an intentional decision or an oversight? Thanks
> for any info.

We broke the AimTrak guns, we broke those programs, pray we don't break more things.

No, but seriously, you'll want to take a look at src/osd/modules/output. The "network" provider is preferred, although I don't know how well any of this stuff has been tested. In theory it'll now also be possible to have an output provider that just lights up the GPIO pins on some of the beefier ARM dev boards like the ODROID-C2.

Also, the new "network" provider works the same on Windows, Linux, and Mac, which the old output stuff definitely did not.

Unfortunately seems like the output system has a bug. From what I understand the notify function does not pass back a value. Please see this byoac thread.

I'm not sure who should be contacted to resolve this problem?
Arbee

It appears you guys have it well in hand, you just need to submit the patch from HeadKaze's reply #129 from that thread (plus whatever else you need).

Return to “MAME Discussion”